WE ARE EXPERIENCED MEDICAL MALPRACTICE TRIAL LAWYERS
Medical malpractice cases are some of the most difficult cases to prosecute and win. Very few law firms will undertake representation, much less take these cases to trial. Steve Meyers and Al Stanley will. We have tried to verdict and made recoveries in multiple medical malpractice cases, including multiple recoveries over a million dollars. Al and Steve have handled, among other types of cases, obstetrical malpractice cases, neonatal malpractice cases, surgical malpractice cases, and hospital negligence cases.
Medical malpractice usually results because doctors and hospitals violate common-sense patient safety rules, often because they place profits over their patients. Al and Steve can handle cases involving:
- Birth injuries — Cerebral palsy, fractures, nerve damage and brain injuries are just some of the injuries an infant may suffer from a doctor or hospital’s improper care during delivery.
- Emergency room errors — An ER doctor who does not properly recognize the seriousness of a patient's condition may be liable for a patient’s resulting injuries or death.
- Medication errors — Wrong medications or dosages can hurt or kill people. Doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies must have safety systems in place to prescribe and dispense medications correctly.
- Misdiagnosis — Doctors and hospitals must have systems in place to rule out all potential diagnoses and determine the correct diagnosis, or they may be liable to the patients whom they harm.
- Negligent nursing home care — Nursing home caretakers who abuse or neglect patients may be responsible for falls, dehydration or other serious health issues suffered by nursing home residents.
- Surgical errors — Surgeons who fail to perform surgery under the appropriate standards of care are responsible for the injuries and deaths they cause.
- Hospital negligence—Hospitals may be responsible for the malpractice of the doctors and nurses whom they employ. They may also be responsible for failing to have safety rules in place which protect patients from dangerous doctors and nurses, and from being discharged too early.
To win a medical malpractice claim, an injured person must retain expert medical testimony to establish that the care was negligent and the negligence caused harm. Al and Steve will retain prominent medical experts to support your case and present compelling evidence of malpractice to jurors.
It is important to consult an attorney as soon as you believe that malpractice may have occurred. Florida law has deadlines for filing medical malpractice claims. If a deadline passes before a claim is made, you may be unable to bring a claim. In addition, investigating your malpractice claim immediately after the injury occurs preserves crucial evidence and valuable testimony. When you retain the services of Meyers & Stanley we will get to work reviewing your medical records and investigating your case.
CONTACT MEYERS & STANLEY FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION FOR A MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIM
If you have
been injured by a medical mistake, please contact us in our
Jacksonville/Northeast Florida office (904-367-8747) or in our
Orlando/Central Florida office (407-849-0941) or contact our Jacksonville or Orlando office locations online to schedule a free
consultation and get the recovery you deserve.